A few words about me:
I’m James Dixon. I love spending time at the coast and on the water and in particular, kayak fishing. I started kayak fishing in the North East in 2011 and am now well and truly hooked!
Facts about me:
- I am based in Whitley Bay
- I kayak and fish throughout all seasons, mainly in the North East around Tynemouth, Whitley Bay, Blyth and Newbiggin.
- I started out on a 9ft Malibu Mini-X – Stable but very slow!
- I now paddle a Stealth Pro-fisha 475 and Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro and love both
- My favourite fishing holiday destination is the west coast of Scotland
- My favourite style of fishing is lure fishing with weedless soft plastics hunting powerful pollock. I cannot get enough of this!
- I’m a passionate surfer
- I also love to hit the waves with my SUP
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to kayak fish and he will paddle around in a yak pretending to fish all day.